Bucket List: A Summer in Sand Springs
School is wrapping up and the lake is warming up – that means it’s time for some fun in the sun! We’re sharing 22 must-do bucket list items to do around town, from getting sno-cones to volunteering to hanging out on the water. We invite you to tear this page out and tack it on the fridge so you and your kids can make the most of summer in Sand Springs. After all, there’s lots to catch up on. Summer here we come!
- Pack a picnic and take it to Pogue Airport to watch (from a distance) as planes fly in.
- Enjoy pastel sunrises and vivid sunsets from a boat rental on Keystone Lake.
- Get a sno-cone at Sandlot Sno-Balls. Silver fox, anyone? Dozens of flavors to pick from!
- Play a round of golf at the newly-renovated, award-winning Canyons at Blackjack Ridge.
- Enjoy the icy A/C𑁋and neat exhibits𑁋at Sand Springs Cultural & Historical Museum.
- Grab an iced latte at Boulder Coffee and explore the shops along Main Street.
- Reach out to Sand Springs Community Services and see what their current needs are.
- Crack open a new book on the lawn at Triangle Park.
- Bring your pup to Keystone Ancient Forest. Check their calendar for specific dog days!
- Set up a table tennis tournament on a rainy day at Case Community Center.
- Sign your kiddos up for Vacation Bible School for a week of singing, crafts, and worship.
- Shred some ramps and grinding rails at the 7,000 square foot skatepark.
- Buy fireworks at one of the many local road-side stands that pop up in late June.
- Cool off at the splash pads at Case Community Park. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Sip margaritas with friends at El Patron. (Pro tip: Order some ceviche, too!)
- Take your ATV to Appalachia Bay after a good rain. Got dirt?
- Invite a local photographer to capture your family on the bridge at Prattwood III Park.
- Go fishing on Shell Lake. Make a day of it: bring your grandpa and a cooler of cold ones.
- Have your little ones help wash the car at Bubble Town after a recent road trip.
- Surprise the kids with a box of sprinkle donuts from Livi Lee’s one weekend morning.
- Make a few floral arrangements from grocery stems and drop ‘em off at a nursing home.
- Count the days ‘til kick-off at Charles Page High School Memorial Stadium. Go Sandites!
Note: Hours, pricing, and calendars may vary. Check in with the business or organization before starting your bucket list and making plans.
Read more about Sand Springs Recreation here.