August is National Back to School month and the Sand Springs students will be headed back to the classroom. As the last vacations of summer come to an end, many parents and kids look forward to getting back to a regular groove. Whether you’re just starting school or about to begin your senior year, we want you to be prepared. We are here to offer up some tips and tricks on how both parents and kids can make the most of the upcoming school year.
Create a routine – every night and every morning!
You would be surprised at how much a routine can help elevate your mood and productivity throughout the day. It gives children a chance to feel secure in what they are doing each day, often leading them to be more cooperative. Routines can help with better sleep and less stress in both children and adults. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Making sure that you are going to bed and waking up about the same time each evening and morning will help your mind and performance levels – both important aspects of tackling classes and managing the home when everyone gets back from a long day.
- Start on any homework as soon as you get home from school, work, or after school activities. This will help create a habit to ensure that work gets done before play.
- Try to work in some fitness time. You might already have the advantage of playing on an athletic team, but if not now is the perfect time to start implementing a walk, run, bike ride, yoga, you name it, into your daily routine.
We know these are not easy tasks to ask so don’t be discouraged if your routine takes a little bit to get into. Each day is a new day and a chance to try again!
Find your school supply list early!
We know that back to school shopping is some of the best memories for kids. New clothes, the big pack of Crayons, and picking out your favorite color of notebook are all things you will keep with you all year long. Start now finding back to school supplies at your local store and be fully prepared when the first day of school starts. For more tips and tricks on how to save on school supplies view this article written on the Public School Review’s website.
A goal is something we create for ourselves and something we wish to achieve through our own hard work. Goals help grow, lead, and motivate us to something important. By setting goals for the upcoming school year, you are setting yourself up for success! Some examples might include:
- Learn a new skill or find a new hobby.
- Maybe you have always wanted to join a school organization, but just never have, this is the year to do it!
- Is one subject harder than the others for you? No big deal, make it a goal to take time outside of school to improve your knowledge on that subject.
For a growing list of information and resources on how to have the best upcoming 2022/23 school year in Sand Springs Public School’s visit our website at wearesandsprings.com.