While the Winter weather settles over the Sand Springs landscape and the sun sets a little later, often families can find themselves struggling to find activities to be active and keep themselves, and their kids engaged. Check out this list of activities for singles, married couples and families to stay active during the winter months in Sand Springs.
- Get in on the action!
- Have you heard? We have a new business in town – Noble Axe House! Noble Axe House is a great way to get out, whether that be with your friends or family, to laugh, have fun and make memories. When you arrive you will be taken to a bay where you can throw axes, throwing stars and more. You have the option to order drinks, play games and music and Noble Axe even offers a Glow Throw, an exciting way to enhance your axe throwing experience! Look up Noble Axe Throwing today to book your next outing!
- Take a class at the Case Community Center! While the sun may go down early, the lights stay on late for Zumba, Basketball, Pickleball and many other classes! Grab your friends or family and get in on the action! Find their weekly Facility Schedule on their website!
- Whether you need bumpers or you’re an experienced bowler – Sahoma Lanes is the perfect place for a date night or a fun family outing where everyone can be involved! Order a couple of drinks and play a game to see who strikes out!
- Slow your roll by joining in on the fun at SKATES Rollertainment. With Glow Skates, Nerf Wars, Soul Skates, Sip & Skates there is something for everyone and any age! Call up your friends and plan a night to get on the floor and roll the night away!
- Learn a thing or two!
- There’s nothing like taking a little field trip where you can not only have fun – but learn something new! The Sand Springs Cultural & Historical Museum has 4 permanent exhibits, Charles Page/Children’s Home/Widows Colony, Early Industry, Traveling Exhibits and an Art Gallery. They are also exhibits that change out over time – so there is always something new!
- Another way to engage in learning is through the Charles Page Library, Open Monday – Saturday! Not only is this a great place to let your kiddos explore through reading adventures, but the library also offers great classes and readings for kids and adults! You can find more by emailing the library at [email protected].
- Downtown Dining & Shopping
- The hustle and bustle of downtown Sand Springs is lively and a wonderful place to be. Not only can you create new memories with your current friends, but you can make new friends in the process. You can spend your evening shopping at boutique small businesses and end your night with dinner and drinks at one of the many delightful family owned restaurants in the area.
- Get Artsy with it!
- ZegART is one of our small businesses here in Sand Springs and brings beauty and culture to our wonderful town! ZegArt has many art classes for kids and adults alike! Sign up for an art class to create an artwork – and memories – that will last a life time!
Finding ways to engage indoors in Sand Springs while the cold weather is here is so important! We invite everyone to choose a fun activity to do this month – that’s out – well really that’s in – and about in Sand Springs!
Read more articles about Sand Springs Lifestyle here.