We’ve made it to double digits! Week 10’s recipe is for the ultimate comfort food with an added healthy twist: the Roasted Broccoli & Grilled Cheese Melt. Whip up this sandwich if you’re trying to get the kids to eat their vegetables – they’re sure to love it!
- Chopped broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Butter, softened
- 6 to 8 slices bread
- 1 cup thinly sliced or shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a sheet pan, mix broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until broccoli is evenly roasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Spread butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Dividing the ingredients evenly, layer cheese on the unbuttered side of half of the bread slices, then add broccoli in the middle and more cheese on top so that the broccoli lies between two layers of cheese. Top each with another slice of bread, butter side out.
5. Grill in the skillet, turning sandwiches over once, until the cheese melts and the bread is evenly toasted.