Get fit and stay motivated with group fitness classes!!! If you find yourself hating to work out alone, need guidance on what moves to do next, and support from peers around you, group fitness is the way to go!
From dancing workouts like zumba to unique workouts using a bungee, there are group workouts for every style and interest! PLUS, having your friends work out with you brings about friendly competition, AND it is proven that results are more likely to be accomplished with a support system! So if this sounds like your style of fitness, grab your best friend and find some group classes in the area!
The absolute best reason to take a group fitness class is simple: They’re just plain fun!!!
With music playing and everyone in the class working with you, sharing a common goal and sharing the same struggles and the successes, it can feel more like a party than a workout. This is especially true of cycling and kickboxing classes, which were built around high-energy music and an energetic social atmosphere.
The main trending group fitness workouts in 2018 are zumba, Hula-hoop fitness, hot yoga, cycling, bungee, and pound.
Each of these workouts is lead by a group instructor or personal trainer so you never have to stress about what moves to do next or how to do them…JUST FOLLOW ALONG!
Here is a small breakdown of the 2018 trending group fitness workouts:
- Zumba- aerobic style that features Latin American dance movements.
- Hula-Hoop Fitness- uses a weighted hula hoop to tone your core and arms.
- Hot Yoga- a style of yoga performed in hot and humid conditions.
- Cycling- riding bicycles indoors, focusing on endurance and high intensity intervals.
- Bungee- working out with a bungee attached to the ceiling to create resistance.
- Pound- a full body cardio jam session using drumsticks.
Check out these local places and what they have to offer for group fitness classes!!!
- Shake It Dance and Fitness Studio- 102 E 2nd St
- Anytime Fitness: 3802 S 113th W Ave