Homemade Eggnog Latte Recipe
Even your coffee should be festive during the holidays. Try this recipe from Sand Springs Espresso for your very own Homemade Eggnog Latte and post your pictures below. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Homemade Eggnog
- 1/2 cup prepared unflavored coffee at double concentration (or 2 shots of espresso)
- pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
1. Pour the milk, eggnog and sugar into a mason jar or microwave safe jar or cup.
2. Shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds. Stop when the mixture appears to have doubled in volume due to air bubbles.
3. Remove the cover and place mixture into the microwave. Heat on high for 30-45 seconds, or until the mixture starts to bubble up almost to the top of the jar. Take care not to let the milk mixture overflow the jar or to bubble too much and then fall flat.
4. Repeat those two steps (shaking and then heating) a second time until the milk is nice and frothy.
5. Pour the hot prepared coffee (or espresso) into the bottom of a deep mug. Holding back the milk foam with a spoon, carefully pour the milk mixture into the coffee. Do not stir. Gently spoon the foam over the top. Sprinkle with some nutmeg and voila!