Summer means a time of relaxation and soaking up the sun. But if you’re not careful, between the cookouts, sun bathing, lakes and beaches, it can leave you not feeling so hot. This summer, take care of your body so that you can enjoy it to the max! With the help of Micah & Amber Burdge from Crossfit 1055, here are some tips to keep you looking and feeling your best!
- Always carry a bottle of water with you and drink it throughout the day (refilling it of course)
- If you are going to drink, say no to sugary cocktails or white wines. Go for a light beer or red wine. Amber suggests just staying with water completely.
- The Burdges say to acclimate your body to the weather now. This way your body can slowly adjust to the heat instead of waiting until it’s 95 degrees out
- Always wear a makeup with an SPF in it or apply regular sunscreen
- Try enjoying the fresh air and sun by grabbing a buddy and doing a workout outside
- Even better than exercising outside, go for a picnic with your love or your family
- Go for a morning jog to watch the sunrise, there is just something special about waking up with the sun
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables when you get the chance; you will feel much better sitting by the pool after you’ve eaten fresh then after you’ve eaten something heavy and processed
- Avoid carbonated drinks since they tend to make you feel bloated and retain extra water; probably not something you’ll want pool or beach side. Micah says the hotter it is outside, the more water you need to be drinking
- Do outdoor yoga or stretching for 30 minutes at dusk to wind down your day
- To avoid eating even more junk food, bring your own veggies try to a BBQ; everyone loves fresh veggies at a party
- Grab your family everyday after dinner and go for a walk; try to make it a habit for a month while the weather is nice out
If you’re interested in trying out Crossfit, but aren’t sure if it’s right for you, head down to Crossfit 1055 to see Amber and Micah! They do a free personal assessment and let you try it out for FREE for a week! They want to make sure it’s a good fit for you as well!
762 E Charles Page Blvd
Sand Springs, Oklahoma