Adventures on a Rainy Day in Sand Springs
What’s that old saying – April showers bring May flowers…? While we are ecstatic about flowers flooding the town of Sand Springs – rain can put a damper on outdoor activities. Now – we’re not here to give rain a bad reputation. Rain brings forth the nutrients for life to exist and flourish – it calms the nerves as the pitter-patter rings from the rooftops, it also provides a cozy atmosphere to cuddle on the couch and play a good movie. But when your family is ready for action, rain can be a nuisance. Check out these 5 adventures that are sure to make your rainy day a success!
Downtown Shopping & Dining
Take a Field Trip
- Learning while having fun is ALWAYS a bonus. Pack up the family in the car and drive on over to the Sand Springs Cultural & Historical Museum. Learn all about the history of Sand Springs and see their four permanent exhibits and their featured exhibits that change throughout the year > so there is always something new.
- Did you know that March is National Reading Month? Charles Page or Pratt Library are both great places to let your kiddos explore through reading adventures. The library also offers great classes and readings for kids and adults. You can find more by emailing the library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bust a Move
- Being stuck indoors doesn’t mean you can’t be active! Head over to the Case Community Center where the courts are ready for Zumba, Basketball, Pickleball and many other classes! You can find their weekly schedule on their website.
- Sahoma Lanes is the perfect place to enjoy a night out with the family. Put the phones away and enjoy some family bonding time. Whether you need the bumpers or you’re a pro – bowling is a fun way to get everyone involved.
- Ever feel the need to get some energy out?! Walk in to Noble Axe House – where you and your friends can laugh, have fun, make memories and THROW AXES. There’s drinks, music and a ton of fun games to play. Check our Noble Axe Throwing today and book your next outing.
- Now if you’re up for something really fun >> head over to Skates Rollertainment. We’re talking Glow Skates, Nerf Wars, Soul Skates, Sip & Skates. There is something for everyone and any age. Call up your friends and plan a night to get on the floor and roll the night away.
Plan a photoshoot
- Did you know that we have a photographer studio right here in downtown Sand Springs?! Call up a friend, get the family ready or redo your resume with professional photos from a Sandite herself – Picturesque Photos by Amanda.
Focus on Health and Wellness
- Schedule an appointment at Healing Hands Health Spa, the perfect place to relax to the sound of the falling rain. Healing Hands offers therapeutic massages that are sure to work out those knots in your shoulders. Call to make an appointment today.
- Joining a gym seems like a huge commitment – and it is – but it’s a huge commitment to your health and wellness. Hop on the treadmill and go for a jog, take a yoga class, or take a turn with the free weights. Why not invest in yourself.
Sandites, our town is spectacular and has many opportunities for you to have adventures with the whole family > even on a rainy day! We hope to see you out and about very soon. Don’t forget to tag us in your photos and experience on Social Media @wearesandsprings.
Read more articles about Sand Springs Lifestyle here.